This evening workshop is taught by Alan Rutter, at General Assembly.
Displaying information in a clear and compelling way is a valuable asset for any marketing manager, PR professional, entrepreneur, or anyone needing to give context to numbers. In this class, you’ll learn the essential elements of a successful infographic and how to turn raw data into a clear visual story. We’ll also look at out how infographics relate to data visualisation and go over examples that demonstrate techniques that work and pitfalls to avoid. By the end of the class, you’ll understand the foundational steps you need to go through to create effective infographics on your own.
- Be able to evaluate the elements that make an infographic effective through discussion of good and bad examples.
- Learn how to create infographics quickly using a toolkit of online resources.
- Develop the ability to analyse why existing infographics work and how to improve them when they don’t.
- Find out the difference between infographics and data visualisation and how they work together.
- Discover quick and repeatable visual tricks for ensuring infographics convey a clear message.
- Learn about free online tools available to help create infographics.
For more info and to buy tickets, head here.