STORYTELLING FOR BUSINESS
How to create internal reports that people remember
Businesses rely on accurate information clearly communicated in order to survive and thrive – but it’s easy for the signal to get lost in the noise. In this course we’ll give you the skills and confidence to pull the key message out of financial, performance or audience insight data, and communicate that to customers, colleagues or bosses. This course is ideal for teams who are confident analysing information, but would benefit from learning techniques for turning those raw materials into compelling stories that can help drive the business forward.
10am-4pm, for up to 18 attendees
Session 1: Finding the story
• Cutting through the noise and identifying the message.
• Tailoring the story to specific audiences.
• Creating actionable information that enables decision-making.
Session 2: Dealing with complexity
• Step-by-step guide to simplifying complex stories.
• How to present uncertainty (with confidence).
• Considering multiple stakeholders.
Session 3: Different contexts and types of communication
• Writing with concision (and without using jargon).
• Presenting confidently to an audience.
• Visual elements: pictures, infographics, charts and graphs.
Session 4: Storytelling as a process
• How to design a page, slide, screen or poster for maximum effect.
• Structuring large documents and presentations.
• A toolkit of useful tools, templates, techniques and tricks.
£2500 + VAT
If you’re a charity, NGO or smaller team, let us know, and we can try to come up with a bespoke quote for you.
This cost excludes any bespoke content that needs to be produced, and travel and accommodation.
Image above: William Iven