Storytelling for brands
How to create compelling content
Marketing and content-creation are no longer the preserve of small teams of experts – today, everyone in your business has a role to play in telling the story of the brand. This course will enable your team to understand how the objectives of your business should feed into the generation of content – whether that’s a tweet or email to a customer, a presentation to a potential client, or materials that really sell your business – and the metrics of success. It will cover how to effectively produce compelling stories across multiple different platforms, and promote them to maximise their value.
10am-4pm, for up to 18 attendees
Session 1: How to find stories in your day-to-day work
• What is content and storytelling and why do they matter?
• The key ingredients that make humans respond to an idea.
• Internal and external sources of material.
• Distilling down and fleshing out the original idea.
Session 2: Structuring a compelling narrative
• Once upon a time: tapping into universal story structures.
• Using planning and storyboarding techniques.
• Intros, payoffs, heroes and villains.
Session 3: Maximising different media, channels and platforms
• The requirements of live events, writing, images, video and audio.
• The relationship between social media and content.
• Developing repeatable formats across multiple channels.
Session 4: Storytelling as a process
• Honing an authentic tone for individuals and organisations.
• Tracking and communicating the content roadmap.
• The numbers that matter – defining metrics for success.
Image above: Florian Klauer