KEEP YOUR PROJECTS ON TRACK, BY KEEPING PEOPLE ON SIDE
The days of rigid, hierarchical management are fading fast. Today, businesses operate with cross-disciplinary teams, and running any project requires collaboration with people of different seniorities and specialisms.
In this day-long workshop, you’ll learn from other people’s hard-won experience and hear some frank and honest accounts of the reality of managing people in today’s rapidly-changing world – where people and teams from all walks of life and industry regularly collide.
You’ll leave the course with a clear understanding of different stakeholder and team management styles and techniques you can adapt according to the situation at hand (which can and will change constantly), giving you a sense of control and purpose, as well as a resources pack full of useful tools and routes to further learning.
Sample course structure
10am-4pm, for up to 18 attendees
Session 1: Up, down and sideways
• From direct reports to your boss’s boss: mapping your stakeholders.
• The key principles of workplace communications.
• Finding your own management style.
Session 2: Finding, hiring, firing
• Legal essentials: your responsibilities, their rights
• Designing and maintaining a cross-disciplinary team.
• Growing a team, and managing changes in personnel.
Session 3: Talking shop
• Effective communication within and between teams.
• Scheduling and templating regular updates.
• Setting targets and milestones, and giving feedback.
Session 4: Trouble-shooting
• Identifying your champions, and your critics.
• Dealing with scepticism, resistance or outright dissent.
• Plan to adapt: how to react effectively to radical changes.